Wednesday, December 15, 2010

30 Days of December: 3

I found this other December meme that was more Christmas-themed and I kinda wish I would've done that one instead but oh well, this one's still fun too! :)

Days 1-5 here & Days 6-10 here.

Day 11: A Photo of You Taken Recently

This is me and my roommate Emmie. I'm on the right. And we are decked out in Harry Potter paraphernalia...because we were at the Deathly Hallows Part 1 midnight premiere hehe.



Day 12: Whatever tickles your fancy
I kinda don't like these "whatever" days but oh well, I didn't make the meme. So I'll post a Christmas-themed video! :D

3/4 of my favorite Super Junior members (just missing Sungmin!) singing "Feliz Navidad" makes my Mexican heart happy!♥ ♥ ♥



Day 13: A fictional book
It would've been totally obvious and sadly overdone for me to say "Harry Potter, duh" so instead I decided I'd recommend a book I read for the first time this year and was sadly missing out on this entire time.

There's just something about this book, there was not real plot...it was just a story about these 5 sisters and their suicides, but it was written so poetically, so hauntingly beautiful (just as the girls were). It is definitely a good read and I couldn't put it down from the very first page. There's also a movie of it starring Kirsten Dunst, I've never seen it but I'm loading it up now so I can watch it soon; from what someone's described to me, it's pretty accurate.



Day 14: A non-fictional book
Okay this one IS Harry Potter related, sorry can't help it!

I loved this book so much because it described the birth of Harry Potter fandom from a fan's perspective, yet she climbed up to being an insider with J.K. Rowling! Reading this book just gave me all kinds of nostalgia and makes you really appreciate the world J.K. Rowling has created.♥
I'll post a quote from JKR that I absolutely love because it soooo describes the reason why I adore Harry Potter:
"When all the fuss and hoopla dies away...I think it will be seen that this phenomenon was generated, in the first instance, by kids loving a book. A book went on shelves, and a few people loved it. When all of the smoke and lights die away, that's what you'll be left with."
So beautiful and so true. <3 Harry Potter may be this super huge franchise now, but it was first and foremost a truly wonderful book series, and THAT'S what fans love the most about "Harry Potter."



Day 15: A fanfic
Uh seriously? I don't read fanfic anymore so I'm not going to pretend I do and go looking for one to post here, sorry!
Instead I'll leave you with this video of BEAST/B2ST performing "Beautiful" outside in a winter setting? :D I love this song, it's so cute!!!!

I wanna learn the dance and it's just so cute! Gahh I'm so in love with them right now but it's kinda sad that they're named "Beast" and I prefer this cute image of them rather than their beastly one hahaha.



Okay so halfway through with this 30 day meme, that means I'm halfway through December! :O
Day 1 - Your Favorite Song
Day 2 - Your Favorite Movie
Day 3 - Your Favorite Television Program
Day 4 - Your Favorite Book
Day 5 - Your favorite quote
Day 6 - Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 7 - A photo that makes you happy
Day 8 - A photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 9 - A photo you took
Day 10 - A photo of you taken over ten years ago
Day 11 - A photo of you taken recently
Day 12 - Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 13 - A fictional book
Day 14 - A non-fictional book
Day 15 - A fanfic

Day 16 - A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17 - An art piece (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.)
Day 18 - Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 19 - A talent of yours
Day 20 - A hobby of yours
Day 21 - A recipe
Day 22 - A website
Day 23 - A Youtube Video
Day 24 - Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 25 - Your day, in great detail
Day 26 - Your week, in great detail
Day 27 - This month, in great detail
Day 28 - This year in great detail
Day 29 - Hopes, dreams, and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30 - Whatever tickles your fancy

No comments:

Post a Comment