Tuesday, December 21, 2010

30 Days of December: 4

I promise more interesting blog posts will be coming, I've just been so busy with finals and traveling back to Texas for winter break, and Christmas shopping ahhh. I'm so excited for Christmas though! :)

Days 1-5 here | Days 2-10 here | Days 11-15 here


Day 16: A Song That Makes You Cry (or Nearly)



What's this, not a Kpop song?! :O Yeah I also listen to American (Tegan & Sara are Canadian) English music, ikr, seems impossible given my Korean obsession. -_-
This is THE song I automatically listen to whenever I'm sad. Why is it that people tend to listen to sad music when they're feeling sad - shouldn't we listen to happy music to cheer us up? lol idk. I just love this song it's so beautiful and...perfect. I almost like the demo version a bit more than the official version though because both of them sing together and the contrast of their voices is so beautiful! These lines are my favorite:
"Maybe I would've been something you'd be good at
Maybe you would've been something I'd be good at"

It's just gahh, something that goes through my head a lot of the times.



I don't know how Tegan & Sara just KNOW how I/their listeners feel, they just know and manage to convey their/our emotions so perfectly. HOW DO THEY KNOW?! How can their songs relate so well to me/everyone?! I still remember when I first heard this song, I instantly got chills; the way it starts off is just so musically beautiful and they're just so perfect! (and srsly I need to find different words to describe things).

And now for the inevitable kpop/snsd song lol. (I'm sorry I just can't help it, kpop has taken over my life!!)
SNSD - Into the New World

This song almost makes me cry because this was the absolute perfect song for them to debut with. I'll admit it took me a while to warm up to this song at first (because the first SNSD songs I was exposed to were their more poppy "Gee" and "Oh!" types) but this song is just so strong that's the word I find best fits this song. It showcased their vocals AND dancing so well, it is definitely their strongest song in both aspects and truly shows that they are THE girls of the generation. (See their full dance version here).
I may not have been there to support SNSD from the beginning, but I'm still a huuuuge S♥NE and I know the struggles these girls have been through to get to where they are now. It's so rewarding as a fan to see how much they've grown and to see them STILL performing this song; it's their growth from that promise of being a generation of girls to the ultimate girl group on top with an unwavering bond between the nine of them - that's the thing that almost makes me cry! Proud Sone here :)



Day 17: An art piece (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.)
Umm okay lol. Here's a picture of the Venus de Milo I took at the Louvre even though we were instructed not to lol :x




Day 18: Whatever tickles your fancy

Lol this is totally the "Clueless" of this generation, such an iconic movie. And now whenever I hear "Jingle Bell Rock" I can't help but think of this scene always!



Day 19: A talent of Yours
Ummm my talent is writing and complaining...so here's a link of one of my most recent articles doing both...A Crime Not Worth Solving. It's a book review on the worst book I've ever read in my entire life!!!!!!!


Day 20: A hobby of Yours
Definitely scrapbooking.









This was posted a day later -_- OMFG only 4 days until Christmas, so excited!!! :D

Day 1 - Your Favorite Song
Day 2 - Your Favorite Movie
Day 3 - Your Favorite Television Program
Day 4 - Your Favorite Book
Day 5 - Your favorite quote
Day 6 - Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 7 - A photo that makes you happy
Day 8 - A photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 9 - A photo you took
Day 10 - A photo of you taken over ten years ago
Day 11 - A photo of you taken recently
Day 12 - Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 13 - A fictional book
Day 14 - A non-fictional book
Day 15 - A fanfic
Day 16 - A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17 - An art piece (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.)
Day 18 - Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 19 - A talent of yours
Day 20 - A hobby of yours

Day 21 - A recipe
Day 22 - A website
Day 23 - A Youtube Video
Day 24 - Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 25 - Your day, in great detail
Day 26 - Your week, in great detail
Day 27 - This month, in great detail
Day 28 - This year in great detail
Day 29 - Hopes, dreams, and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30 - Whatever tickles your fancy

No comments:

Post a Comment