Friday, April 1, 2011

KPOPiversary♥

Okay, I'll admit I haven't blogged in forever! Like...at all in since 2010, I didn't even finish my 30 Days of December meme! But to be fair, I was in Las Vegas for New Years so I didn't really have much time to blog then lol. And ever since I've been back in school, I've been CRAZY busy, like unbelievably-no-college-student-should-be-this-busy-crazy kind of busy. And as it is I've got 4 projects due next week, not including all the projects I do for work, but I honestly I need a break, and blogging has always a way to relieve my stress, so this shall be my break!

Anyway, I had always planned to do something big blogging wise in April because April 1st is my ~Kpop anniversary lol. But as soon as I heard about "BEDA" Blog Every Day in April - it was just too perfect so now I'm doing this for sure! Hopefully I can keep up with it (lol I can already tell it'll be easier said than done but I'm going to try!)

So, as I mentioned, April 1st is my ~KPop anniversary. What I mean by that is that last year on April 1st was the first day I had EVER heard a kpop song in my life. I know it's a stupid thing to remember, but Kpop has literally turned my entire world upside down and changed my future so it's pretty significant to me.

Another reason why I remember that date so clearly is because it is April Fools Day which has a lot to do with how I first heard a Kpop song. People always ask me how I got into Kpop so I'll explain how!

Louie used to always go on this website called 4chan where it's pretty much full of brilliant trolls and where almost all internet memes are created. If you don't know what 4chan is, wiki it, it's pretty interesting. Anyway, last year as their April Fools joke they had SNSD's "Gee" playing in a loop on their website (or certain boards I'm not sure), and Louie looked up the song and voila, we came across this video!

With its shitty quality, I couldn't make out their faces, so I honestly thought they had just computer generated copies of the same person/people, idk how I thought this lol. It wasn't until the end of the video that I realized they were NINE girls and I was blow away by how IN SYNC they were with their dancing! That was what had fooled me into thinking it was just the same person copied and a change of short color or something lol. Once I realized there were nine girls the first thought was "How are they so in sync?!" and the second was "Why are there so many?!"

Then I googled "SNSD" and this is the first picture I ever saw of them. Click for full size

When I saw it, my mouth dropped, I was like "How are they all so freaking beautiful?!" And their legs, jealoussssssss. The only problem was that I couldn't tell them apart lol.

The next day I spent the entire day listening to "Gee" and watching their music video where I could finally see their faces and stuff lol. I had instantly developed a favorite, Sooyoung♥ (the furthest right) from the moment I saw her in that first photo! I don't know how, I guess because she was the first I could tell apart? Idk but I love her!

I watched all their other videos, at the time Run Devil Run had just come out, and I was shocked at how different they looked! It took me a while to figure out who was who, especially because their looks constantly kept changing! Short hair, blonde hair, "dark" concepts, etc. But it I finally figured out who was who in 8 days. That same 8th day, I joined Soshified and I knew I was sucked in for goooood.

At first I had thought it would only be SNSD that I'd like, but slowly I began listening to/liking other songs by other artists, and now all I listen to is Kpop! T_T And I constantly watch Korean tv shows and dramas and movies, etc. It's completely taken over my life! I've even become an Asian Studies minor, learning Korean (ugh I can't wait for the day that I don't have to wait for subs to come out to watch something!), and it's just changed my life completely. I still want to be a journalist, but my plans are to be a journalist in Korea. Maybe I'll get to interview an idol! :D

So, yeah. Kpop has changed my life and I'm a loser for that, but oh well. So in honor of my Kpop obsession thanks to 4chan on April 1, 2010 April will now officially be KPOP Month to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment